Effective Date: May 24, 2018
Greetings! Our team here at Vacation Rental Partners, Inc. ( “Direct” or “VRP”) values your trust and makes it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Below you will find our Privacy Notice. We encourage you to please read this notice to learn about our privacy practices so you can better understand what we collect from you, why we collect it and your rights. Remember, by visiting our website or using our services, you are accepting our practices. Thank you!
What information do we collect?
We collect personally identifiable information from you when you register on our site, place a reservation order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or input data on our site, or through the sites of any of our customers, in any way.
When booking reservations through or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other information as requested by the companies that use our service. You may, however, visit and browse our sites and offerings and not enter any of your personally identifiable information, to the extent permitted by the applicable area of our sites.
We may also collect information that you passively make available to us, including the following:
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Mobile device ID
- Services navigation history and habits
- Browser type and language
- Internet service provider (ISP)
- Operating system
- Date/time stamp
- Clickstream data
- Cookies (text files containing small amounts of information which we download onto your computer or device when you visit our website, allowing us to remember you)
Finally, we may collect data about you through our own, or third party, analytics services or other data provider services. For example, we may use Google’s analytics services to determine how you found our website. Or, as another example, if you tell us your company name, we may research your company through third party services.
Information you actively provide us –
Registration information. Our system is available only to registered users. When you register, we will ask that you provide basic information such as your name, address, mobile phone number and email address.
Content. Your use of our system may involve submission of various types of content, such as correspondence with guests, guests’ contact information, etc. The precise types of content depends on the features of the Service you choose to use.
Inquiries. When you submit an inquiry or customer-service request, you may provide additional personal details depending on the inquiry or request.
Information we automatically collect –
Integration data. Our service is particularly aimed for properties listed on and operating through third party platforms such as Airbnb, HomeAway, VRBO, Booking.com, etc (“Third Party Channels”). After you register, you may interconnect our system with each of your accounts on Third Party Channels (each interconnection is named an “Integration”). Once you connect to an Integration, the Service imports the property and guest related data in your accounts on the respective Third Party Channel, such as listings, reservations, past guests, etc.
Analytical usage data. We collect analytical information about your use of our service and your interactions with our system’s interface, your session durations and the web pages you accessed. This may also include basic information about the device you use to access the Service, including its type, operating system, language settings, the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which your device accessed the Service, and the city or town where the device you used to access the Service is located.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (In addition to processing your bookings with the companies that use our services, the email address you provide during booking processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your reservation, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information)
- To provide services to the companies that use VRP
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- For our other business purposes
- Operating our service and providing its features and functionalities
- Sending you notifications, messages, communications and announcements related to our service
- Improving and customizing our service and developing new services
- Providing you with support, handling complaints and contacting you when we believe it is necessary
- Enforcing the Terms and this Policy and preventing misuse of our service
- Complying with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified; and
- Taking any action in any case of dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to our service
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources to, among other things, enable us to verify, update and correct the information contained in our databases, prevent fraud, provide services to our other clients, and to better customize your experience on our site.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, please contact [email protected].
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to help maintain the safety of your personal information when you reserve a booking or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. This information is then encrypted in our payment provider’s systems, may only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential. Please understand that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
After a transaction, your personal information may be kept on file in order to archive reservation data, help improve the customer experience, and for other business purposes, including those described above.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
We may use the information we collect, as outlined above, to compile anonymized or aggregated information. We may share, sell or otherwise communicate and make available such anonymized or aggregated information to any other third party, at our sole discretion. However, we will not knowingly or intentionally share information that can be reasonably used to reveal your identity without your consent.
Transfer of data outside your territory
We may store and process information in various locations throughout the globe, including through cloud services. The laws in those other countries may provide a lesser degree of data protection than the laws of your own country. You agree to the transfer of your information to such other countries for the purpose of processing as described in this Policy, including through cloud services.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. These measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, it is not guaranteed and you cannot expect that the system will be immune from information security risks.
We retain personally identifiable information for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
What are your rights to your personal data?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that VRP holds about you.
- The right to request that VRP correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer you may update your user profile by logging onto VRP Platform and selecting “Account” and then “My Profile”.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted when it is no longer necessary for VRP to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications.
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from VRP, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that VRP provide you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Yes, cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still reserve a booking over the telephone by contacting the company’s customer service number directly. Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. Our websites and services do not recognize “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms that allow browser users to make a choice about the collection of information that reveals the individual’s online activities, so VRP’s information collection and disclosure practices and the choices we provide will continue to operate as described in this Privacy Notice, whether or not a Do Not Track signal is received.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may share the information outlined in this Policy, with others, in any of the following instances:
- With contractors and service providers, in order to operate, maintain and enhance the our system, and provide you with the particular features of the system you requested
- With Third Party Channels, in order to maintain your account on the system and on Third Party Channels updated
- Messages you address to guests and prospective guests will be sent to them
- If you have breached the Terms, abused your rights to use our system or violated any applicable law. Your personally identifiable information may be shared with competent authorities and with any third party, if we believe it is necessary or justified
- If the operation of the system is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a merger or acquisition)
- We may share personally identifiable information with our corporate group entities, but their use of such information must comply with the Policy
We may provide your information to the third-party companies that use our service to book online reservations. We may also share information about your reservation and also may include information about how you use and interact with our site, such as your reservation history, which activities you like or are recommended for you, and other information. In some cases, we may provide these third-party companies with analytics and other information about your interaction with our service via their website. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to those third-party companies and VRP is not responsible for how they use, maintain or disclose your information.
We also use third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site’s policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety in anyway legally or most appropriate to the situation at our sole discretion.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding VRP’s disclosure of their personally identifiable information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow up to thirty days for a response.
All users of our site may update their information at any time by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page. We reserve the right to not accommodate a request to change your information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of the European Union
The following disclosure is made pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
As a data controller of our clients’ personal data, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
VRP’s sites are a general audience websites and do not offer services directed to children. You must be 18 years of age or older to book using VRP’s sites. If you are not at least 18 years old, you may not use our sites. Bookings made by underage individuals without consent will not be honored. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 13 years of age. If you believe that VRP has been provided with the personal information of a child under 13 without parental consent, please notify us immediately at [email protected].
Visiting our website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected in accords with this notice. By using our services and voluntarily submitting your information to us, you consent to the general use of such information as provided in this Privacy Notice and to the transfer of that information to and storage of that information in the United States.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms of Service which establishes the use, disclaimers, limitations of liability, and other terms and conditions governing the use of our site and services at
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing our sites or services. We may also sell certain assets associated with the sites or services. As a result, please be aware that in such event we may transfer some or all of your information to an entity acquiring all or part of our assets or to another entity with which we have merged. Under such circumstances we would, to the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this Privacy Notice, as it may be amended from time to time. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that the acquiring or merged company will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Privacy Notice.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify or amend the terms of this Privacy Notice from time to time. Your continued use of our sites or services following the posting of changes will mean you accept the new Privacy Notice as modified. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, we will post those changes on this page and they will be effective immediately.
This policy was last modified on May 24, 2018.
Vacation Rental Partners, Inc.
420 W. Huron St, Chicago, IL, 60654
1 (312) 878-4572
1 (844) 829-7829
Our Trusted Partners